Tax Help- What To Do If You Can’t Pay Your Tax Bill

Tax Help

Many taxpayers are eager to get their tax returns in before the April 15 deadline in hopes that they will receive a decent sized refund. Tax time is not a universal meaning, not everyone has a good payday and some people will end up owing the Internal Revenue Service even more money.
As you can imagine, that is not an ideal situation for anyone to be in. It is even worse when you do not have the funds to cover the tab. If you are not able to pay money, there are other options to help you out.

Call Community Tax! We assist our clients with the Tax Help they need. If you need any assistance and want to know about the Tax Help we give our clients, call us today for a free consultation! 800-444-0622

We can help you make a pay agreement with the IRS and assist you with many different types of tax resolution that may be suitable for your situation such as: Installment Agreement, Stair-Step Agreement, Streamlined Installment Agreement, Partial Pay Installment Agreement, and a Conditional Expense Installment Agreement. Call Community Tax today to find out how we can help you!
Here are some additional helpful hints to deal with your late payments:

Use a credit card: The interest rates and applicable fees charged by credit card companies will more than likely be lower than the interest and penalties imposed by the IRS.

Pay what you can: It’s better to scrap together as much money as you can, instead of paying nothing.
The IRS will send you a bill a few months later with penalties. The IRS will be kinder to those who do something instead of nothing.

Do not lie, do not commit tax fraud: NEVER lie to the IRS, EVER. The monetary charges will be bad, but may not be worse than the criminal charges you could face.

Do not skip your return: The bill will not go away if you ignore it.

About the Author: Nick Charveron is a licensed tax practitioner, Co-Founder & Partner of Community Tax, LLC. His Enrolled Agent designation is the highest tax credential offer by the U.S Department of Treasury, providing unrestricted practice rights before the IRS. Follow him on Twitter @VelocityTax