The Grand Slam of Tax Return Preparation
- Organize. Organize. Organize.
– Organization is the most important aspect of tax return preparation, so start now!
– Figure out what method works best- software, a mobile app, or traditional filing cabinets
- What is your projected income?
– Businesses create income projections, so can you!
– Projections should include anything with an impact on your income- salary and stock options, self-employed taxes, and anticipated deductions
- Sit down with your CPA or a tax preparer
– Each year, people discover a lot of questions during tax season
– Now that your tax professional’s crunch time is over, schedule an appointment to discuss these with them and be better informed now and in the future
- Review your records
– Now is the perfect time to check over your records
– Ensuring that everything was done correctly can help if your taxes are ever audited
– Be sure to check taxes your employer is withholding- instead of receiving a large refund each year, why not get the money now? We hope these tips help so that you can hit a Grand Slam on your next tax return!