- Tax Penalty for Failure to Pay or Underpayment
- Tax Penalty for Failing to File
- Tax Penalty for Committing Tax Fraud
- Tax Penalty for an Incorrect Tax Return
- Tax Penalty for Frivolous Tax Submissions
- Tax Penalty for Not Paying Estimated Taxes
- Can You Go to Jail for Not Paying a Tax Penalty?
- How Do I Get Rid of a Tax Penalty?
- How to Use a Tax Penalty Calculator
With over 150 kinds of civil IRS tax penalties, it can be stressful to figure out what you owe when you get a penalty notice. It’s critical to understand the severity of each penalty so you can strategize the best plan for repaying it. Take a look at the most common penalties for individuals and how a federal tax penalty could affect your financial future. Searching for information about a certain tax penalty? Click the links below to get there quicker: